ASTA Board Meeting Minutes (January 19, 2019)
Arizona State Trap Association BOD Meeting
- Call to Order at 5:42 pm by President Mark Williams
- Roll Call: John Bergman, Tiger Volz. Steve Long, Doug Sims, Marty Benko, Don Archibald, Roger Combs, Steve Bell, Mark Williams, Karen Bergman all present. Guest were Mary Long and Scott Skaggs.
- Stephen Bell read the minutes from the last board meeting on November 11 that was held at Tucson, Roger gave the treasures report, motion by Bruce second by Steve Long all in favor. (accepted)
- Unfinished Business:
- State Shoot, Questions came up about posting minutes on the website and approval of minutes for all the directors to read it was suggested to send out email and have an email approval of minutes so they can be posted more readily. Discussion on the western zone Steve Long said that they had bought four new shades and was waiting on game and fish approval did not think that the bathroom would be installed in time. Mark said he will check with Matt at game and Fish Steve said also that they were wanting to obtain two Connex boxes to rebuild the skeet field. Steve did say that they had the Wi-Fi is up and working at the trap range.
- Discussion on the price of targets it was agreed that there was a $6000 buy down for 300,000 targets. Doug said with the ASTA buying trophies and the buy down the target the price would be $34. Mary had ordered some trophies; the high overall was ordered and the sub junior HAA will be provided by champion. Doug Sims will be checking on the food, it was decided that Wednesday trophies will be done by central, Northern will be on Thursday and the south on Friday.
- Trophies to be priced around $35 and jackets will be ordered for the state shoot teams. Motion by Steve Long to give out Jackets and trophies at the Saturday night at the dinner second by Karen.
- There was discussion on elections all member cards will be checked they must have a sticker on them also we will have maybe three people at the table one from each zone checking shooters zones. There will be more discussion on that next month.
- Doug Sims got a copy of the program said he would get it to West Press should have a proof the first week of February Doug ask if Steve Bell would provide a mailing list of shooters with over 500 targets and of clubs.
- New Business:
- Next there was discussion on the website Tiger said she was not able to take care of it anymore, she said that possibly Rosie could help but as now we needed to fix the account form ASAP. Doug made a motion to buy the old website if it was available for $500 or less seconded and passed.
- John Bergman reported on the ATA meeting that was held in December not much for discussion except for the western zone big 50 which seem to be going very well. It was decided that the next meeting would be held at Tucson Saturday morning at 8 o’clock during the grand February 23.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:58.